Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply to all service agreements entered into between Walk My Dog Amsterdam and the dog owner/client. These conditions are not exhaustive and Walk My Dog Amsterdam reserves the right to amend terms & conditions, services offered and service prices at any time as necessary.
- It is required that there will be an intake assessment carried out by Walk My Dog Amsterdam prior to commencement of service. If during the intake assessment, your dog is identified as not being a good fit for our services then we reserve the right refuse continuation.
- For our walking service we require your dog to have a sufficient response to basic commands and to have developed a good social ability around other dogs and people.
- Should your dog display any problem behaviours which may or do result in damage/injury or aggression towards other dogs or people, Walk My Dog Amsterdam reserves the right to refuse/cease service.
Health & Safety
- The client assumes full responsibility for all health related issues of the dog and must ensure flea, tick, worm treatment is administered regularly and also annual vaccinations in prevention against Kennel Cough (Bordatella & Parainfluenza) is given and kept current. In the case of puppies where they will be taken outdoors by Walk My Dog Amsterdam; vaccinations against Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Rabies, Leptospirosis must have been given. Walk My Dog Amsterdam reserves the right to see proof of vaccinations if required.
- Any pre-existing conditions including injuries, mobility problems or chronic illness must be declared on the registration questionnaire which is completed during the intake assessment. We reserve the right to refuse service based upon the results of this or if any information is deemed to have been wrongly declared.
- Should any changes happen with the health or mobility of the dog due to illness or injury, it is the responsibility of the dog owner to notify Walk My Dog Amsterdam at the earliest opportunity. We will work with you to make any necessary adjustments in order to maintain continuity of service. We have a duty of care towards every dog and as such we reserve the right to exclude your dog from any pack activities in the case of any contagious illness including fleas.
- We require details of your nominated veterinary surgery and also any insurances held. In the event of an emergency we can not guarantee that your usual vet will be available, in which case you authorise Walk My Dog Amsterdam to use any registered vet or emergency service. We assume your agreement that should veterinary treatment be required in the event of an accident or medical emergency then all costs incurred will be payable by you. Should Walk My Dog Amsterdam be required to make any payments on your behalf, you agree to those costs being fully reimbursed by yourself.
- We ask you to provide the contact details of another person who would be able to make a decision in the event of an emergency if we are unable to reach you.
- Before commencement of service we require that the registration questionnaire is fully completed and the terms & conditions have been agreed to. The information provided becomes the contract of services and the profile with which Walk My Dog Amsterdam will use to deliver services. We assume that all information provided is honest and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- We need to be able to access the address where the dog will be, so we ask that you ensure we can do this by providing Walk My Dog Amsterdam with any keys/access codes to the property. At no point will your address details be attached to the keys. We are careful to secure your property when we leave and keys will only be used to collect/drop off your dog. In the event of keys being lost, we will notify you immediately and cover all costs to provide replacements.
- We ask that you make a towel available by the front door so we can dry down if necessary when we return them home. Whilst we do our best with this job, we can not be liable for any damages inside your home caused by mud or water.
- If we are unable to deliver our service because we can’t gain access or the dog is not present or available at the address provided then the session will still be charged.
Our Service & Walking Protocols
- Service Delivery– Walk My Dog Amsterdam delivers its services with the utmost care, respect, safety, knowledge and love. We want your dog to have a safe, stimulating and positive experience when they are in our care and we take every effort to make this happen.
- Personalised Service– Your dog is always an individual with us so the walk and play sessions are tailored to what your dog needs, wants and likes. At no time will your dog be put in a situation or location where they are uncomfortable and interactions with other dogs outside of the walking group will only be provided where appropriate and within the best interests of all dogs concerned.
- Interactions– We provide direct handler interaction with your dog even within a group walk. If it is agreed that your dog is allowed “off leash” then we allow this in areas where it is safe to do so. This is at the discretion of Walk My Dog Amsterdam.
- Treats– To reinforce positive behaviours and aid recall we use high quality treats. If your dog has any allergies or you do not want treats to be given then we will follow your guidance.
- Equipment– We reserve the right to use our own leads and play equipment. We do not use retractable leads.
- Walking Time– Will be for 30 or 60 minutes and mostly to one the green spaces local to the dog’s location. It is sometimes possible that your dog will be out of the house longer than the allotted walk time in order for us to accommodate drop offs.
Flexibility– If you have requested a specific walk time we will make every effort to arrive at the agreed time but sometimes delays can occur. We want to ensure that each dog has the best experience, so we ask that you allow a 30 minute window either side of your booked time slot for us to attend. We will keep you updated of any changes to timings.
Handlers– We want to always provide a personal service but it may be necessary on the occasion of holidays or sickness for another member of the Walk My Dog team to provide cover. Where it is possible to do so, we will introduce your dog to the other team member who will provide the requested service. Where dogs are nervous of new people this will be avoided unless a slow introductory process can take place.
Illness & Holidays– We assume your agreement that another handler other than the person who will usually walk your dog, can deliver our services in the case of illness or holiday:
- In the case of illness and if we are unable to provide a replacement handler to cover, then we will notify you as soon as possible to reschedule your walk, you will not be charged for the missed walk.
- In the case of holiday where we are unable to provide a replacement handler, we agree to provide you with at least 1 week notice of being unavailable to deliver service.
Feedback– We will keep you updated of anything notable from our walks and feedback any health or behaviour changes that we notice when we are with your dog.
Marketing– Walk My Dog Amsterdam will make photos/videos from each walk that we would love to share with you via our social media channels and website. We assume your consent and agreement that any photo or video material which depicts images of your dog will remain the intellectual property of Walk My Dog Amsterdam and can be used respectfully and accordingly in the execution of marketing activities without reimbursement or payment to yourself or any other parties.
Weather– If we consider the weather to be too extreme for a safe enjoyable walk to take place (heavy rain, snow, high temperatures, lightening etc), then we will play with your dog inside their home if that is an available option or shorten/reschedule the walk as necessary.
Amsterdog Hotel– It is important that your dog is housetrained, comfortable sharing its space with other dogs, does not display aggression or destructive behaviours like chewing, digging or biting and does not have problems with separation anxiety. We can not accept large dogs or puppies.
- Check-in between: 16.30-18.30 (unless transport is required and we will collect from their home).
- Check-out between: 08.30-10.30 (unless transport is required and we will drop your dog home in time for your return).
- Late checkout between: 10.30-12.30 is available with an additional fee of €20.
If any additional food/medications are required during your dogs stay with us then these will be added to your monthly invoice excluding BTW.
Bookings, Cancellations & Payments
- Walk and Daycare cancellations – we ask that you give us a minimum of 12 hours notice. Outside of this time will be charged at the full fee.
- For overnight bookings:
Cancellations made with 24hr notice are subject to 100% cancellation fee.
Cancellations made with 48hrs notice are subject to 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations made with 7 days notice for bookings of 4+ days are subject to 25% cancellation fee.
- Any required changes or updates should be communicated to our email firstname.lastname@example.org or by Whatsapp.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to reach your property or deliver our service, we will notify you as soon as possible and this will not be charged.
- We will email an invoice at the end of each month and bank payment can be made to; NL16 ABNA 0247 1531 68. All service costs are inclusive of 21% BTW.
- Our KVK number is 71903313
- It is understood by the client that during normal dog play injuries can happen and while play is always monitored and controlled, scratches, punctures, torn ligaments or other injuries may still occur despite the best supervision. Should this happen Walk My Dog Amsterdam will not be held liable.
- Should your dog attack or be involved in a dog fight with another dog/person which results in injury to that dog/person, you will be liable for any losses incurred, including (but not limited to) payment of vet/medical fees in respect of injuries to another animal or person caused by your dog.
- In the event of a lost dog, we will contact you and/or your nominated emergency person immediately and any other relevant emergency services. We will not be liable in the event whereby your dog runs away but will make all available attempts to locate your dog and reunite them with you.
- Should any damages be incurred from your dog through chewing, digging, scratching or biting while staying at the Amsterdog Hotel it is agreed that you will be responsible for the payment cost of repair/replacement